It turns out that people learn more when they are in calm, relaxed surroundings. Who knew! After 2 years, working from home has gone from being a hassle, to being better for a good life balance.
Self-directed training works whether it’s for after-sales customers or staff. People start to explore what interests them, and they do it at their own speed. They remember it and explore the topic in more depth. They do the exercises because they have already decided it’s valuable information to know.
People are motivated by quick micro-learning experiences. It give fast results and fast rewards.
- videos or podcasts are more fun that reading reams of text in a PDF.
- less anxiety for the quiet, shy guy
- less stress for those who are new to a topic, as they learn at their own pace.
- less distraction for joker and socialite – it takes away the audience
- It chivvies up the student who thrives on deadlines and collecting points.
A micro course expands your HR training capacity. It is is both inclusive and suitable for learners who are diverse – it can be designed to visibly treat all users equally and fairly, and align in terms of your learner’s culture, language and existing experience on the topic.
Empower your project teams
A learning framework (LMS) like Moodle or Teachable empowers HR trainers with a central portal of courses. It is organized and structured, so it is easy to get around and find what you need, when you need it.
An LMS means HR staff aren’t tied down to presenting the same course over and over. They have more time to rather guide people who WANT to learn, to reach their goals. Presentations and courses are reused, so you get more value from them. Materials can be conveniently accessed at any time, day or night. Personal growth become a stready, ongoing learning process rather than once-off events or an annual get-away.
The strength of interactive training using an LMS like Moodle lies in its proven “Socratic method”. People learn by asking questions and giving answers. The answer are more likely to be remember – in fact getting a question wrong will spark memory more than getting it right.
You can have different levels of understanding – from recognizing an answer, to using the rules in practical examples and scenarios. Questions work to stimulate ideas and uncover gaps. Moodle’s flexible automated test and assess activities are the secret!
- easy to update and improve content so its more relevant
- people can train around their work and home duties
- study in familiar surroundings with no distractions
- discover extra in-depth content and get bonus points
- self-paced – skip what you know!
- self-assessment – realize what you don’t know!
- Don’t just read, DO it. Activities have rewards.
- work with other learners
- flexible formats to for different content
An LMS cuts the cost and time constraints of event-based training courses. It also gets rid of a whole lot of daily admin and tracking. Trainers don’t keep repeating the same courses, but are freed up to create new content, or update the old.
Online learning works best as part of a hybrid model, combining interactive Zoom webinars, pre-course worksheets, post-course assessment and long-term handouts and guides. It offers sets of best-practice training to complement scheduled events and extend the value of Zoom or MS Teams meetings.